Monday, May 14, 2007

Oranges from the Yard


March 2007

I am so incredibly morning sick, it's so annoying. Food tastes gross, I feel gross, it's not that fun. But oddly, I don't mind it. I think because I know it's a good sign. The dr. said that morning sickness is actually a sign of healthy pregnancy. So, I welcome it with open arms! But, nonetheless, it would be nice to start enjoying food again.

Micah has discovered a little trick, though. Every morning before I get out of bed, he picks an orange from the tree in our backyard and peels and cuts it up for me. It's honestly the ONLY thing that helps me not to get sick when I stand up and attempt to start my day. =) He had read somewhere that citrus helps nausea, but the oranges from our back yard are the ONLY kind of citrus that works for me and baby. =)

Hopefully i don't get sick of eating oranges! We'll see how long this lasts, and how long this little trick helps. But anyone out there that is struggling right now with morning sickness, try an orange. It's amazing!

XOXO,
alli

No comments: