Friday, June 1, 2007

Seven Pounds

Today was my 6 month check up. I was a little disappointed to find out that I had gained SEVEN pounds in the last month. I know a lot of you are thinking I'm crazy for being upset about it. But it shocked me simply because in the last 5 months, I've only gained one pound per month. So 7 seemed like a lot! And when I asked the doctor, she agreed! Seven is a lot for the month, but my over all weight gain is completely on track! 12 pounds total. I think if I made a routine out of it...gaining 7 pounds each month from here on out, I'd be on the road toward unhealthy pregnancy. At least for my body. But, the way I look at it is that my body was just catching up! I had a lot of weight to gain because I was so small for so long. The baby is healthy and that, in the end, is ALL that matters. I would encourage any mommys to be to eat healthy and exercise routinely. Walking is the best for me. I love to walk my dog on the beach =) Anyway, the doctor said that the healthier I eat, the easier my pregnancy will be. So, even when my baby belly craves Grape Soda and Twix bars, I have to think about the end result. I now eat a lot of fruit for my sweet tooth. And because of that choice alone, my "cravings" for chocolate and naughty stuff have lessened. I love feeling my sweet little boy move around inside my belly. This makes me want to be healthy for him. He depends on me to be healthy. So, I'm doing my best!

No comments: