Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Turtles at week 20!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Turtles at week 20!

Finally! Week 20 rolled around...we were SOOOOOO excited! My sister Anna was able to go to the first ultra sound at 14 weeks, but Aimee wasn't. She lives in the San Diego area and it's hard for her to get up to Huntington last minute due to her busy schedule. But...she planned ahead and took a half day off work so that she could come with us! The ultra sound was on May 8th and 3pm. =) What is also neat about this day is not only that Aimee came, but that it's my mom's birthday! I think she wished she could have been there as well, but she was in NYC with Anna...I'm jealous!

Anyway, Micah and I went to the ultra sound and Aimee met us there a few minutes later. While there the technician said, "now, 14 weeks was too early for you to tell...don't be surprised if I tell you a different sex today." Micah and I looked at eachother like, "oh no!" we had already planned on a boy. picked out a name, told our family and friends...but then on the flip side, we could care less. as long as the ultra sound told us our little one was healthy and on the right track! =)

"Girls look like hamburgers...and boys look like turtles," the technician said. I looked at Micah like, what? that's an odd thing to say! She found the heartbeat, and Aimee teared up. It's a pretty emotional part of any ultrasound. Just realizing that there really is something living and growing inside is AMAZING! The heartbeat really is an amazing thing to hear. =) We were all so caught up in seeing the images. The face, the spine, the little arms and legs, hands and feet! I have this amazing picture from the ultrasound of just a foot! It's pressed against my belly and it's the BEST picture EVER!!! We were all cooing and looking at the screen when all the sudden she paused the picture. "And there's your turtle," she said. We were smiles all around. It is a boy after all!

What an amazing day, shared with my perfect husband and adorable sister. This was an event to remember! I couldn't be happier at this moment!

XOXO,
alli

No comments: